How to cook steamed sea bass fillets with a side dish of vegetables, tips and tricks for making this recipe to be served with basil sauce.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig of basil
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 sea bass fillets of 200 g each
- 4 new spring onions
- half fennel
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepperRecommended readings
- Thermidore lobster, original recipe with sauce
- Stuffed cuttlefish easy to make in a pan with white wine
- Stuffed anchovies breaded and fried
- Nicoise sole: recipe with lemon
- Grilled San Pietro fish fillets in the oven
Preparation of steamed sea bass fillets
Clean all the vegetables and cut the spring onions into quarters lengthwise.
Finely slice the fennel and cut the carrot into cross slices, then arrange these vegetables in a bamboo basket for
steaming and cooking for 2 minutes, placing the basket on a pan with water boiling with garlic and a piece of lemon zest.
Overlap a second bamboo basket and lay the sea bass fillets on it, cooking them together with the vegetables for 10 minutes.
Clean, wash and dry the basil, dabbing it with kitchen paper, then chop it.
Mix a pinch of salt, ground pepper, mayonnaise, filtered lemon juice and oil in a bowl, then add the basil, obtaining a homogeneous sauce.
Arrange the sea bass fillets together with the vegetables in the serving dishes, pouring the basil sauce in the center, finally serve sprinkling as desired with a further mince of pepper.