How to make stewed veal shanks, a recipe to be cooked in a pan in broth, with white wine and preserves, including pepolino and olive oil.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- White wine
- 2 tablespoons of preserves
- Double flour 0
- Vegetable broth
- 4 veal shanks about 2 fingers high
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation stewed veal shanks
Remove the skin around the shanks and make incisions around them, then tap them lightly.Recommended readings
- Fried veal meatballs with potatoes, bacon and walnuts
- Wild boar in salami with olives and tomatoes
- Veal belly cooked at low temperature
- Tender veal stew
- Chicken breast with almonds
In a saucepan, put the onion into thin slices, a few leaves of pepolino, 8 tablespoons of oil and the little floured ossibuchi.
Put on the fire and brown slowly, turning the ossibuchi to brown them, then sprinkle with white wine and let it withdraw.
Finally pour 2 cups of broth into which you have dissolved the preserve.
Salt, pepper and cook slowly until all the liquid is withdrawn and a nice thick sauce has formed.
The ossibuchi must be very soft.