How to cook the beans in a pan with bacon and onion, a recipe with few necessary ingredients for which an easy preparation procedure is required.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 80 gr. of bacon in a single slice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- half a glass of white wine
- 1 kg of fresh broad beans
- 2 onions
- ground pepper
Preparation of the beans in a pan with bacon
Start by shelling the beans, wash them well and dry them with a clean cloth.
Remove the tips, roots and green part of the onions, then wash and chop them finely, without letting them color.
Cut the slice of bacon into strips.Recommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
Put a pan on the stove with a little oil and brown the chopped onions, then add the bacon strips, browning them for 3 minutes.
Combine the beans making them flavor for a few minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Wet the beans with white wine, allowing it to evaporate over high heat.
Add half a glass of hot water and flavor everything with a pinch of salt and a pinch of ground pepper, continuing cooking over medium heat and covered pan for a further 15 minutes.
Halfway through cooking, add more hot water, if the previous one has dried completely.
Roman broad beans should be served still hot.