Meridiana is an Italian airline that has bases in Olbia, Florence and Verona. It was founded by Aga Khan in Sardinia in 1963, first with the name Alisarda then in 1991 it was called Meridiana.
General information Meridiana
It was created to encourage the development of the Costa Smeralda and the nearby Olbia-Costa Smeralda airport. In December 2006 Meridiana flights acquired the share control of the low cost airline Eurofly.
Meridiana is currently the main aircraft operator for destinations in Sardinia, but is also active on continental routes with short and medium-haul routes.
According to 2006 data, over 4 million passengers were transported with Meridiana flights.
- MilanRecommended readings
- Klm: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- British airways: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Sas: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Alitalia: flight reservations, flight schedules, web check in
- Tuifly: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Rome Fiumicino
Airplane models that make up Meridiana's air fleet
- Airbus A319-100 aircraft (132 seats)
- McDonnell Douglas MD-82 plane (165 seats)
- McDonnell Douglas MD-83 aircraft (165 seats)
For more information on Meridiana online check in, flight booking, hand luggage and contacts go to the company's website directly from here.