Aphorisms and phrases for Mother's Day, nice thoughts to say and quotes to write on a greeting card to express your affection for the one who gave us birth.
Mother's day quotes
- The mother is a fundamental figure, anxious and painstaking, friend and accomplice, tender and severe but in any case she is irreplaceable.
- You can screw everyone for a certain period, or someone forever, but you can't screw mom. (Arthur Bloch)
- To the mother that I was lucky enough to have and that I would not change at all in the world, many affectionate best wishes.
- Everyone carries within himself an image of the woman derived from the mother: from it everyone is determined to respect or despise women in general, or to be generally indifferent to them. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- Some mothers need unhappy children, otherwise their goodness as mothers cannot manifest. (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
- Mothers give us two important gifts: life and their unique and indescribable love. Thanks Mom.
- The mother is our first love story. And if we hate it, we take that anger with us and pour it on who we love. And if we lose it, where will we find it? (Jeanette Winterson)
The moment a baby is born, a mother is also being born. She has never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother never did. A mother is something absolutely new. (Osho)
- Dear mom, these flowers to tell you how much I love you.
- A mother who is raising her son the right way does infinitely more for her country than all the rulers do. (Werner Braun)Recommended readings
- Beautiful Christmas greetings: short Christmas phrases
- Wishes for Mother's Day
- Retirement phrases: retirement wishes
- Phrases of greetings for First Communion
- Phrases get well soon: wishes for a speedy recovery
- Motherhood is the greatest privilege of life. (Mary R. Cocker)
Think about it for a minute: in fairy tales, children always have the most beautiful adventures. Mothers must stay home and wait for the return of the children who have flown away from the window. (Audrey Niffenegger)
- Describing my mom would mean talking about a hurricane in all its power. (Maya Angelou)
- I'm sorry not to be near you for your party, but know that I think of you with great affection.
- If you can only give your children a gift, make sure it is enthusiasm. (Bruce Barton)
- A small gift today for your party, but a great love every day for a lifetime, because you are my mom.
- Understanding a mother is like a patch of emotion for an injured self. (Haim G. Ginot)
- A mother's heart is an abyss at the bottom of which there is always forgiveness. (Honoré de Balzac)
- You gave us friendship, support, discipline and unconditional love. We are grateful to you and that is why we love you.
- In the mother's eye, the child explores the depths of the heart. (Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi)
- Mother's Day is the only secular holiday which is, at the same time, also spiritual. (Jean Gastaldi)
- There are mothers who fill with kisses and others with scoldings, but love does not change and in reality most mothers do both. (Pearl S. Buck)
- For me, Mother's Day should be every day, because nobody deserves more attention than you do.
- Most mothers are made up of instinctive philosophers. (Harriet Beecher Stowe)
- It is not possible to be a perfect mother. But there are millions of ways to be a good mother. (Jill Churchill)
- The estimate I have for you is not quantifiable. Best wishes to a special mom.
- Mum is the person who, seeing that there are four pieces of cake and five people, says that she never liked sweets. (Tenneva Jordan)
- The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a certain sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love from the mother's side, but this love must help the child grow away from the mother, and become completely independent. (Erich Fromm)
- What could be nicer than feeling the hand of a child in yours? So small, soft and warm, like a kitten curled up in your arms. (Marjorie Holmes)
Mother's day aphorisms
- You will never be a child again, as long as you have a mom to visit. (Sarah Orne Jewett)
- These flowers to tell you how much I love you. Best wishes to a truly unique mom.
- Mom lends you her arms after turning them into wings. (Elis Rapeanu)
- All mothers are mothers of great people, and it is not their fault that life then disappoints them. (Boris Pasternak)
- If children can frankly confess that they are bored with their parents, a mother can never confess that they are bored with their children without appearing distorted.
(Alba de Céspedes)
- It was my mom who taught me to laugh and pray. (Raymond Dickinson)
- You can count on mothers for almost any problem and even with just one hour's notice they will be able to support the shaky pillars of any situation. (Norma Jena Harris)
- "Mom", the most beautiful word on humanity's lips. (Khalil Gibran)
- If I could steal a slice of happiness from heaven ... I would give it to you, mom, because my happiness is seeing you smile. I love you.
- The boy calls mom and asks: “Where did I come from? Where did you pick me up? " The mother listens, cries and smiles as she holds her baby close to her chest: "You were a wish inside your heart". (Rabindranath Tagore)
- That of mothers is the only race that speaks the same language. A Manchurian mother could converse with an American without missing a word. (Will Rogers)
- A good mother is worth a thousand teachers. (George Herbert)
- Never say something on the phone that you wouldn't want your mother to hear at your trial. (Sydeney Biddle Barrows)
- You're the most important person to me. You never turned your back on me and you show me your love every day. Happy birthday mom, I love you.
- When my mom had to cook for eight, she always did enough for sixteen and then needed half of it. (Gracie Allen)
- Mom. If they loved each other enough, they would be prevented from dying. (Albert Camus)
- When your mother asks you, "Can I give you some advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. She plans to give it to you anyway. (Erma Bombeck)
- To my mother who knows how to make life, with all its imperfections, a world of joy and serenity. Happy Mother's Day, with lots of affection.
- When we were born, God gave us the heart of a mother. (Henri Lacordaire)
- Of all women's rights, the biggest one is to be a mother. (Lin Yutang)
- The Vatican has spoken out against so-called mothers for rent. It is a great thing that they did not do it before the birth of Jesus. (Elayne Boosler)
- Nothing is infinite like a mother's love for her child. But do you know what I'm telling you? It is reciprocal! Happy birthday mum.
- All moms are wealthy when they love their babies. There are no poor, ugly or old mothers. (Maurice Materlink)
- A mother's heart is an abyss at the bottom of which forgiveness is always found. (Honoré De Balzac)
- Happy birthday for your party, mother. You are a wonderful person and I would always like to share with you the most precious things in my life.
- There is nothing in the art world like the songs my mother sang. (Billy Sunday)
- A mother always forgives. This is why she came into the world. (Alexander Dumas)
- The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that holds the world. (William Ross Wallace)
- My mother is a poem that I will never be able to write, even if all I write is a poem to my mother. (Sharon Doubiago)
Mother's day phrases
- Everyone wants to save the world but few help mom to wash the dishes. (Roland Topor)
- For all the countless ways in which, without words, you can give love to our family, we love you and we value you more than words can express. Happy birthday for a wonderful mother's day.
- There are only two inexhaustible legacies that we must hope to pass on to our children: roots and wings. (Harding Carter)
- Mothers, of course, are right. They pay their son's bills and don't bother him. Fathers, on the other hand, annoy the son and never pay his bills. (Oscar Wilde)
- Although I won't be able to be there with you on Mother's Day, know that I think of you. I send you a big kiss and my best wishes.
- The love of certain mothers is like a rope passed around the child's neck: at the slightest movement of the latter towards the waist, the knot slips tightening. (Christian Bobin)
- Motherhood gave me some of the best lessons in humility. (Mary Rose Remington)
- Being a full-time mother is one of the best paid jobs ... since payment is pure love. (Mildred B. Vermont)
- If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? (Milton Berle)
- You are the diamond that everyone would like, the immense light in the sun, the mother of dreams of all children .. you are my mother and I love you very much.
- The mother is sublime because it is all instinct. The maternal instinct is divinely animal. The mother is not a woman, but a female. (Victor Hugo)
- If even for just a moment I thought I was strange, my mother's eyes looked at me from above my glasses, and like two drawing pins they fixed me firmly in my place in the world. (Banana Yoshimoto)
- A good mom also helps to make final decisions freely. (Pope francesco)
- A father can turn his back on his son, brothers and sisters can become inveterate enemies, husbands can abandon their wives, wives their husbands. But a mother's love lasts forever. (Washington Irving)
- A mother's love has all the stars that illuminate it during the night. (Catherine Becher)
- When the mother is more beautiful than all her children, she becomes the most lonely member of the family. (Richard Krause)
- My only consolation, when I went to bed, was that Mom would come and give me a kiss once I was in bed. (Marcel Proust)
- The love of a mother is infinite. He loves you when you are born, when you grow up forever. Best wishes Mama for this infinite, which you give to me.
- Men rule the world. Mothers rule the eternal, which rules the world and men. (Christian Bobin)
- The mission of mothers is not procreation, but concern. Amoebas also give birth, but as far as I know, they don't give a damn. (Andrea G. Pinketts)
- Mothers are the strongest antidote to the spread of selfish individualism. "Individual" means "that it cannot be divided". Mothers instead "divide", starting from when they host a child to give it to the world and make it grow. (Pope francesco)
- When I am a mom too, I hope to look at least a little like you. Happy birthday for your party.
- A mother has two duties: to worry and avoid doing it. (E.M. Forster)
- There is a strange bad faith in reconciling contempt for women with the respect with which mothers surround themselves. (Simone De Beauvoir)
- It is thanks to your love that I learned to love. Happy birthday mum.
- You don't have to deserve your mother's love, while you have to deserve your father's. (Robert Frost)
- Youth fades, love fades, the leaves of friendship fall, but the secret hope of a mother survives longer than anything. (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
- Some are mothers who kiss and some others are mothers who scold, but it is the same love, and many mothers kiss and scold. (Pearl S.Buck)
- The photo of the children taken by the mother is also different from that of the father. (Beno Fignon)
- Free as fathers, mothers have never been. (Gerhard Kocher)
Thoughts on Mother's Day
The cute phrases of greetings for Mother's Day can be suitable to fill out the tickets that accompany a gift but also suitable to give an idea of recognition to their mother by all children.
Mother's Day initially fell regularly on May 8, later it was decided to coincide with the second Sunday of May.
This festival has very ancient origins linked to what was the cult of those deities considered influential on the degree of fertility of the ancient polytheistic peoples.
The day chosen to celebrate Mother's Day was in the period of the year that marked the passage of nature from the winter cold to the heat of summer which with its scents and colors also favored prosperity in ancient peasant civilizations.