The Saint of the day June 1 is San Giustino, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Justin, born when paganism was rampant, made philosophical studies, with particular attention paid especially to Greek authors and Plato.
Later his interest moved to the Prophets of Israel, and through them he became Christian, with the reception of baptism in 130 at Ephesus.
Conversion to the Christian faith does not imply a break with his past as a scholar of Greek philosophy, but rather constitutes a significant enrichment in order to be able to evangelize better.
In the years 131-132 he was in Rome to bring the Word of God to pagan scholars and to fight prejudices against the Christians, fueled above all by ignorance.
A great preacher with great culture, Justin visits various cities of the Empire, before dying in Rome together with other Christians condemned to death as enemies of the state and beheaded when Emperor Marcus Aurelius was in power.
Other saints and celebrations of June 1st
- San Crescentino
- Blessed Alfonso Navarrete
- St. Annibale Maria Di Francia
- San Caprasio di Lérins
- Saints Caritone and companions
- June 17: saint of the day, name day
- June 9: saint of the day, name day
- June 12: saint of the day, name day
- June 4: saint of the day, name day
- June 26: saint of the day, name day
- San Floro di Lodeve
- San Fortunato di Spoleto
- Blessed Giovanni Battista Scalabrini
- Blessed John the Baptist Vernoy de Montjournal
- Blessed Giovanni Pelingotto
- Blessed Giovanni Storey
- San Giuseppe Tuc
- San Procolo
- San Ronan (Ronano) by Quimper
- San Simeone of Syracuse
Married lay person, martyr