How croque monsieur is made by following the original French recipe, which involves the use of bechamel for gratin in the oven, quick preparation in a quarter of an hour.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 slices of stale one-day loaf
- 4 slices of cooked ham the size of the pan carré
- 6 spoons of ready bechamel
- 4 tablespoons of grated emmental cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- a little butter to grease the baking dish
Preparation of the croque monsieur with bechamel
Remove the crust from the slices of bread and put them in the pan after having lightly buttered it.
Pass the slices of ham on both sides of the hot grill and place them on the bread.
Carefully incorporate an egg yolk and grated emmental cheese into the béchamel sauce, then spread a spoonful and a half of the sauce obtained on each slice of ham.
Level the surface of the preparation on a spatula and pass the baking dish in the hot oven for about 7 minutes.Recommended readings
- Cream puffs with artichokes: savory recipe, dough ingredients
- French appetizer with vegetables
- Canapes with anchovy fillets
- Chicken salad with celery and mayonnaise
- Salmon canapè and scrambled eggs
After gratinating, serve on the table while still hot.