Phrases to apologize, aphorisms and quotes to offer a formal apology, to say and to write on a ticket to ask for forgiveness following a wrong done.
Formal apology phrases
- I sincerely offer you my apologies by asking you to forgive my unbecoming behavior due to my temper.
- I had taken on your imprudent commitments that life would have canceled: I apologize, as humbly as possible, not so much to leave you, but to have remained so long. (Marguerite Yourcenar)
- Deeply saddened by what I have done, I offer my sincere apologies to you and your collaborators, trusting in your understanding.
- Dear Madam, I am sincerely sorry and mortified, believe me, for what happened, as well as very embarrassed to have to apologize.
- We are all mixed with weaknesses and mistakes, let's forgive each other our nonsense, this is the first law of nature. (Voltaire)
- If my words or actions have been offensive to you, please forgive me. Sincere apologies.
- I apologize for the bad things I said, forgive my reprehensible behavior, sorry for disappointing you.
- Excuse me for all the times I haven't been there for you, while you called me with your unforgettable voice.
- In forgiveness there is always an inclination from top to bottom, which prevents an equal relationship. But if you say "sorry", stand in front. Then keep your dignity, and so the other can get closer to you more easily. (Bert Hellinger)
- Excuse me, apologizing is difficult and although it seems easy it is often complicated at the same time. I know I have exaggerated, I have hurt your pride and I have probably disappointed you too, but I hope you will forgive me because as I all have my faults, I am not perfect.Recommended readings
- Travel phrases: aphorisms for those who have to leave
- Human rights phrases: aphorisms and short quotes
- Phrases about being yourself: quotes, aphorisms
- Phrases about indifference: aphorisms, quotes
- Formal excuses: sentences to apologize
- Apologizing is a delicious perfume; can turn the awkward moment into a pretty gift. (Margaret Lee Runbeck)
- Sorry for everything I said to you because I didn't really think so, sorry for everything I did to you I was impulsive ... accept my apologies and forgive me I love you.
- It is easier to apologize than to ask for permission. (André Georges Malraux)
- Sorry if I make you despair, sorry if we often fight in vain, sorry if I put things in your back, sorry for when I made you feel bad by saying bad things, sorry for everything and know that I want to remain friends forever.
- Excuse me if I loved you, and excuse me if I told you, but above all I apologize to myself if in my nocturnal silences I screamed your name. (Susan Randall)
- We use our brain too little, and when we do, it's just to apologize for our reflexes and instincts. (Martin Henry Fischer)
- Apologizing is the superglue of life. It is able to repair anything. (Lynn Johnston)
- The rich man commits injustice and moreover shouts loudly, the poor man receives injustice and moreover he must apologize. (Sirach)
Phrases to apologize
- Give me another chance, I'm really sorry I hurt you, I assure you it won't happen again.
- Excuse me if I have behaved badly, I recognize that sometimes I am wrong because I am impulsive, but know that my greatest fear is that of losing you. I love you my love.
- I apologize and ask you for forgiveness for not understanding how much you needed me and my cuddles. I love you my love.
- Loving means never having to say sorry. (Erich Segal)
- I apologize for hurting you in the heart with my incorrect gesture and the words spoken without thinking. Sorry for all the times I didn't want to understand you. Sorry if I will still make the usual mistakes is my weakness but know that I am doing my best to change and be better with you since I love you so much.
- I never apologize. I'm sorry, but I'm like that. (Matt Groening)
- Sorry if I didn't notice before what you really represented for me, you are the most beautiful thing that has happened to me, I don't know how it took so long before I realized it. You are my great love and I don't want to lose you, that's why I beg you to forgive me.
- Never apologize or justify yourself for anything before being accused. (King Charles I of England)
- Sorry if out of jealousy I risked ruining everything, sorry if I made you think not to really care about you. Actually, I love you very much and I want you to be happy.
- Instead of feeling guilty or apologizing for negative actions done in the past, start acting positively now. (Jim Morrison)
- The ineffable joy of forgiving and being forgiven constitutes an ecstasy that could arouse the envy of the gods. (Elbert Hubbard)
- If you are right, you can afford to apologize; and if you're wrong, you can't afford not to. (Edgar Wallace)
- My love sorry sorry if I am often jealous of you but I know you love me and it is I who am wrong to doubt you.
- Asking for forgiveness is giving back his place to the other, giving him the right to exist. (Katherine Pancol)
- I apologize for being jealous of you I didn't want and I'm the first to recognize that this is wrong.
- Sorry because I'm in the world. Sorry because I complicated your life, because I canceled your every dream. Sorry because I wanted you different. Only now do I realize I was wrong, that's why I feel I was a fool. But know that before I knew you I wasn't like that ... you made me better.
- Don't ruin an apology with an excuse. (Kimberly Johnson)
- Cold apologies are a second offense ... The injured part does not want to be compensated because it has been wronged; she wants to be consoled because she has been injured. (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
- I realized that sometimes, even if involuntarily, I made you suffer ... sorry and forgive me!
Considerations for apologizing
In relationships between people, sometimes someone can make mistakes by making them feel bad or offending someone.
A sentence of apology can often help to quickly mend what seemed compromised.