Passatelli in broth with ox marrow or butter nut, finely grated hard pasta bread, eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. The dough must be firm and well tied to resist boiling, but the soup must be fairly fluid.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 liter of meat broth
- 25 g of beef marrow or 1 knob of butter
- 100 g of finely grated hard pasta bread
- 120 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
How to prepare passatelli in broth
Put the broth in a saucepan over very low heat.
Pass the ox marrow through a sieve and put it in a container, then work it for a few minutes with a slightly warmed metal spatula.
Add the breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
Mix all the ingredients well in order to obtain a homogeneous and fairly firm dough.
On the special iron for passatelli, a convex perforated metal disc with two side handles on which pressure is applied, crush the pasta by letting out many small cylinders of the length of three cm, to be detached with the tip of a knife.
Arrange the passatelli on a shelf covered with a napkin, without worrying too much if they tend to stick together, then let them fall into the boiling broth and turn with a wooden spoon.
Once the broth starts boiling again, let them cook for a few seconds.
Turn off the heat and let the passatelli rest for about 10 minutes before serving them hot.