The Saint of the day 2 September is Sant’Elpidio, which name day is celebrated and other saints are celebrated on this date.
There is not much information regarding the life of Sant’Elpidio, the most accredited suggest that he was a hermit originally from Cappadocia and subsequently arrived in Italy where he would later die.
South of Ancona there are some places that bear the name and his name, including San Elpidio a Mare, San Elpidio Morico and Porto San Elpidio.
Some scholars of the matter believe that San Elpidio spent his entire life in the Piceno, imposing a completely personal ascetic rule but able to earn him the esteem and later the devotion from the whole region.
Summarizing the rule of Saint Epidium, it can be said that it imposed chastity, work, fasting and prayer.
Other saints and celebrations of September 2
- Sant’Abibo di Edessa
- Sant ’Agricolo di Avignon
- St. Albert of Pontida
- Sant ’Antonino di Apamea
- Blessed Brocardo
- Blessed Gianfrancesco Burtè
- Blessed are Giovanni Maria du Lau d'Alleman, Francesco Giuseppe and Pietro Ludovico de la Rochefoucauld and companions
- September 11: saint of the day, name day
- September 9: saint of the day, name day
- September 2: saint of the day, name day
- September 5: saint of the day, name day
- September 7: saint of the day, name day
- Saint Just of Lyon
- San Guido (Vito) of Pontida
- Blessed Ingrid Elofsdotter of Skanninge (of Sweden)
- San Nonnoso on Monte Soratte
- Blessed Pietro Giacomo Maria Vitalis and 20 companions
- San Prospero of Tarragona
- San Siagrio of Autun
- Saints Theodota, Evodio, Hermogenes and Callista
Deacon and martyr
Conventual Franciscan martyr
Martyrs of the French RevolutionRecommended readings
Martyrs of the French Revolution
Bishop venerated in Camogli