How to cook calabrese bean soup, original recipe with bacon, tomatoes and homemade bread, preparation in just 10 minutes, cooking in less than an hour.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 450 gr frozen broad beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 slice of thick sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 slices of homemade bread
- salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation of calabrese bean soup
Peel the spring onion and finely chop it, then cut the bacon slice into cubes.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the onion and bacon, stirring frequently and taking care not to burn them.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
Add the tomatoes cut into pieces, the beans still frozen and about a liter of water.
Season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat for about 45 minutes, stirring periodically with a wooden spoon.
Toast the slices of bread in the toaster or under the oven grill, arrange them on the serving plates and cover with the bean soup.
Finally, before serving, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese