How to cook leeks and beans risotto with seasoned pecorino and rosemary flavoring, easy recipe, few ingredients and quick preparation.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 200 gr carnaroli rice
- 1 leek
- 150 gr dried borlotti beans
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dl dry white wineRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- 40 gr of grated aged pecorino cheese
- salt and pepper
Preparation of risotto with leeks and beans
Soak the borlotti beans in cold water from the night before. The following day, drain them, rinse them and put them in a pan together with the peeled carrot, celery, peeled onion, bay leaf and 3 peppercorns.
Pour two liters of water without salt, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
After cooking, drain the beans and strain the broth by collecting it in a saucepan, it will serve for later, then adjust the salt.
Remove the green part from the leek, wash and slice it finely, then chop the rosemary leaves.
Heat the oil in another pan, add the rosemary by sizzling it for a few moments, add the leek and cook for two minutes.
Pour in the rice and toast it, then pour in the wine, to allow to evaporate, then add the beans and mix.
Add a ladle of bean cooking broth, it must be boiling, once absorbed, pour another one and proceed in this way until the end of cooking.
When the rice is still al dente and very soft, turn off the heat and mix the pecorino, let it rest for about a minute and then serve on the table.