How to cook celery meatballs according to the traditional Prato recipe, necessary ingredients and methods of preparation until fried in a pan.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 celery
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- flour to taste
- olive oil
- gr. 250 of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 hot pepper
Preparation of celery balls from Prato
Boil a whole celery including the leaves, then drain and squeeze it very well before blending it.Recommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
Mix the pureed celery with the egg and the grated Parmesan, salt and make the meatballs, flour them and fry them in a pan.
Meanwhile, cook the tomato sauce, chopped garlic and chilli pepper in a pan with a little oil, then add the fried meatballs and cook them in the tomato sauce, turning them once, for about 10/15 minutes.