How to cook spaghetti with meatball sauce, Sicilian recipe with mixed meat, peas and pecorino, to be prepared in about 45 minutes including cooking the pasta.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 g of spaghetti
- 150 g minced lamb
- 150 g minced beef
- 100 g of frozen peas
- half a bunch of sage
- 100 g of pecorino
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oilRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- 1 large jar of peeled tomatoes
- fine salt
- ground pepper
- pink paprika powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- cayenne pepper
Time of realization
About 45 minutes, including cooking pasta
1) Start by peeling and chopping garlic and onions, then peel the chilli pepper, wash it, cut it in half, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
2) In a saucepan, heat the oil to brown the chopped ingredients, mixing for a short time.
3) Add the tomatoes with their water and flavor well with salt, pepper and paprika powder, then stew the sauce over medium heat for about 10 minutes with a lid.
4) Mix the two types of minced meat, then add egg and breadcrumbs, giving flavor with salt, cayenne pepper and paprika powder.
5) With the meat mixture obtained, form small meatballs, leaving them to simmer in the tomato sauce for about 10 minutes.
6) In plenty of boiling salted water cook the spaghetti, making sure they remain al dente, then add the peas to the meatballs 5 minutes before the end of their cooking.
7) After washing the sage, dry and chop it, then drain the pasta by passing it under cold water, before seasoning with the sauce.
8) Sprinkle the spaghetti with the minced sage and the flakes of pecorino cheese, finally serve on the table.