How to make a cake very pleasing to the palate and of great visual effect, recipe with ready-made sponge cake, whipped cream, crunchy, candied fruit, chocolate chips and pistachios.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 400 g of ready-made sponge cake
- 1/2 liter of whipped cream
- 250 g of granulated sugar
- 200 g of crunchy
- 100 g of mixed candied fruit
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate sprinkles
- about ten shelled and peeled pistachios
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 3 yolks and 1 whole egg
- about 1 glass of kirschRecommended readings
- San Giuseppe pancakes with raisins
- Simple and fast classic apple pie recipe
- Charlotte with dark chocolate mousse
- Raspberry jam tart with almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts
- Cake with chestnut flour, pine nuts and raisins
How to prepare the stuffed sponge cake
Dice the candied fruit and put it in a bowl to macerate for about forty minutes covered flush with half a glass of kirsh.
With the meat tenderizer, crush the crisp finely until it turns into crumbs.
Put a pan with half a glass of water and a hectogram of granulated sugar on the fire, turn over with a wooden spoon until the sugar is completely dissolved.
After removing the pan from the heat, let it cool down and add half of the remaining kirsh.
With a knife, cut the sponge cake into slices about one centimeter thick.
With half of the slices line the bottom of the mold, then lightly wet them with part of the syrup and sprinkle with half of the crisp.
In a bowl beat three egg yolks, one whole egg and the remaining sugar, until a frothy and almost white mixture is obtained, add the whipped cream, vanillin and the remaining kirsh.
Pour half of the mixture into the mold, level it on the surface, distribute the well-squeezed candied fruit, cover with the other half of the mixture, sprinkle with the remaining crisp and place the other slices of sponge cake on top.
Brush the surface with the syrup, close the container with the lid and put it in the freezer for about five hours.
Meanwhile, chop the pistachios and, an hour before serving, put the serving tray in the refrigerator.
Turn the mold upside down on the tray, then distribute the chocolate sprinkles on the sides and over the cake, while sprinkle only the flat part with the chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.