How to cook noodles with saffron and mussels, recipe for a tasty pasta-based first course, including vegetables and tomatoes among the necessary ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 g of noodles
- 250 g of tomatoes
- 1 kg of mussels
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 ml of dry white wine
- 100 g of vegetables for soup
- half a bunch of dill
- half a bunch of parsleyRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- 1 mixed bunch of spices (thyme and bay leaf recommended)
- White pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 20 g of butter
-1 packet of saffron pistils
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
Time of realization
About 45 minutes
1) After systematically cleaning the mussels under cold running water, discard those already open.
2) Take one of the shallots and chop it, then brown it with half a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
3) Add half a crushed clove of garlic and the closed mussels, then pour in water and wine.
4) Clean and cut the vegetables into small pieces, then add the already washed herbs, salt and pepper.
5) Covering everything with a lid, cook for nine minutes.
6) Now filter the broth and reduce it.
7) Remove the mussels that have not opened, remove the shells from those that have opened, then put the pulp in the reduced broth and heat.
8) After cutting the tomatoes crosswise, remove the core and blanch them, then peel them, remove the seeds and chop the pulp.
9) Cook the pasta according to the cooking time indicated on the package, then drain and drain it, mixing it subsequently with a spoonful of olive oil.
10) In a pan heat half a tablespoon of olive oil, then mash the remaining garlic and brown the chopped shallot.
11) Add the tomatoes and the bunch of mixed spices, continuing to cook on low heat.
12) Remove the spices, adjust the salt and pepper, add a pinch of sugar.
13) Sauté the pasta in the butter, add the saffron pistils, mussels and tomato sauce, then cover with a chopped parsley before serving.