How to cook tomato soup with passata, an easy recipe for a bean soup with ripe tomatoes and bacon, seasoned with olive oil.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300 gr. dried borlotti beans put in water and soaked for one night, or 600/700 gr. of fresh beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 600 gr. of ripe tomatoes, peeled without seeds
- 50 gr. bacon or lard
- stale homemade bread
- half a glass of olive oil
How to prepare tomato soup with passata
Boil the beans in water together with a clove of garlic and a little oil.
Make a tomato sauce by cooking the chopped tomatoes together with half a glass of oil and bacon, or the chopped lard for ten minutes.
For each dish, put a layer of homemade stale bread cut into small pieces, sprinkle it with the cooking broth of the beans, a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce and cover it with the cooked beans.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
Salt and season with a drizzle of raw olive oil.
Pappa col pomodoro is an excellent first course especially if cooked with freshly picked fresh tomatoes from the garden.