How to make salad with Belgian envy and bacon browned in oil, a vinegar-based dressing with salt and pepper, for a strong-flavored side dish.
Ingredients 4 portions
- 4 large seedlings of Belgian envy
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 100 gr slice of smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
Salad preparation with Belgian envy and bacon
Clean the bacon from the rind, if present, and cut it at ninety degrees with respect to the strips of fat and lean strips of half a centimeter wide.
Clean, wash and dry the Belgian envy seedlings and cut them into four centimeter long logs to be piled up in a salad bowl.
In a small pan, brown the bacon in oil over high heat.
In the meantime, season the salad with a little salt, pepper and vinegar.Recommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
As soon as the bacon has become crisp and slightly golden, pour it into the salad bowl together with the fat formed in the cooking pan, mix and serve.