How to cook the Schiacciata alla Fiorentina following the original recipe which includes, among the ingredients, vanilla and saffron, with milk, egg and orange.
Ingredients for 6 portions
- Little milk
- An orange
- A sachet of vanilla
- A sachet of baking powder
- A sachet of saffron
- Flour: gr. 300
- Sugar: gr. 150
- Butter gr. 100
- An egg
- Little saltRecommended readings
- San Giuseppe pancakes with raisins
- Simple and fast classic apple pie recipe
- Charlotte with dark chocolate mousse
- Raspberry jam tart with almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts
- Cake with chestnut flour, pine nuts and raisins
- Vanilla sugar
Preparation of the Florentine Schiacciata
Beat the egg with the sugar and add the melted butter, the yeast, the orange juice and its grated zest, a little milk and a pinch of salt.
Mix well and add the flour.
Grease and flour a rectangular pan and pour into the mixture (it must be about 2 centimeters high).
Bake in the medium oven for about half an hour.
Leave to cool and sprinkle with vanilla sugar.