The Saint of the 31 May is Visit Blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Visit Blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth
The Visitation of Mary is also called the feast of the Magnificat, the one that prolongs and widens the range of action of the messianic joy of salvation.
Elizabeth greets Mary as Mother of the Lord, the Visitation represents the meeting between the future mother of Jesus, Mary, handmaid of the Lord, and the elderly woman, already in the sixth month of pregnancy despite advanced age, which is the symbol of the pregnant women of Israel.
Mary, very attentive to Elizabeth, expresses together with the gesture of charity that also makes the announcement that the times are over.
Jolting in the womb, John the Baptist already begins his mission as a precursor.
The liturgical calendar is based on the Gospel narrative that positions the Visitation within the ninety days between the Annunciation and the birth of the Baptist.
Other saints and celebrations on May 31
- Santa Camilla Battista from Varano
- Saints Canzio, Canziano and Canzianilla
- Sant ’Ermia di Comana
- San Felice da Nicosia
- Blessed James (Salomoni) from Venice
- May 25: saint of the day, name day
- May 31: saint of the day, name day
- May 22: saint of the day, name day
- May 15: saint of the day, name day
- May 27: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed Mariano of Roccacasale
- Blessed Nicolas Barrè
- San Noè Mawaggali
- Santa Petronilla
- Blessed are Robert Thorpe and Tommaso Watkinson