How to cook the scallops au gratin by sprinkling the shellfish with a mixture based on spinach and béchamel, and then distributing a layer of grated Emmentaler cheese mixed with breadcrumbs on the surface.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 12 scallops already open and cleaned with their shells
- 400 g of spinach
- 1 spring onion
- 300 g of bechamel
- 30 g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of Emmentaler cheese
- crumbled breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
How to prepare the scallops au gratin with spinach and bechamel
Wash the spinach and cut it into strips.
In a saucepan with the butter, cook the onions cut into thin slices.Recommended readings
- Egg noodles with seafood, recipe with fasolari, clams and mussels
- Paccheri pasta with scampi and aubergines
- Cuttlefish filled ravioli with courgette sauce
- Spaghetti with fresh sardines
- Homemade pasta with baby octopus and fresh arugula
Add the spinach and 2 tablespoons of water.
Cook for 5 minutes, add the béchamel, salt and pepper, then mix well.
Place the molluscs in the lower valve of the shell and put a spoonful of the spinach mixture and the grated Emmentaler mixed with the breadcrumbs on it.
Transfer the shells under the grill until the surface is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.